Field Support Supervisor
We're a creative and energetic team looking for an experienced full-time Technical Field Support Supervisor. This position will assist our technical team with research and development of video encoding and live streaming solutions. You will work closely with our Technical Leads and quickly get up to speed with our day-to-day processes and on-site support. This individual will be motivated by working in an always evolving technical industry. We are in search of someone who has drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results. This individual needs to demonstrate the ability to independently travel in support of a live event. During travel they will be responsible for equipment set up, testing and delivery of the service requirements. You will be provided with off-site support and will report directly to the Event Manager when working onsite at events.
The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems, technologies and guidelines. Strength in technical problem solving based on expertise and experience and a thoughtful, persevering, self-disciplined approach to work is essential. Being able to sell ideas to others, drive decision making amongst team members; as well as train, teach, and motivate a team are strong aspects of this position.
This job requires connecting with people quickly in an outgoing, friendly manner. The motivation for this position comes from a strong sense of duty and a feeling of responsibility for completing work both quickly and correctly. A faster than average work pace is necessary combined with impatience for results. Decision making will be done with the ideas and advice of others, but always carefully and cautiously within the guidelines of established company policy. A strategic approach always needs to be taken, as this position has a direct impact on whether the company succeeds or fails. Change is an ongoing occurrence of this job and will be approached conservatively and with the support and guidance of Leadership.
Management and training of Event Technical Leads for onsite implementation
Management and training of contractors for onsite implementation
Manage short term and long term event projects
Manage internal processes to ensure tasks are completed as scheduled
Equipment maintenance, inventory, and allocation
Effectively address clients’ questions or concerns regarding our company’s services
Educate internal team members and clients on our company’s services
Troubleshoot technical challenges during pre-event testing
Monitor live streams during the event providing client support and troubleshooting any technical challenges
Effectively communicate throughout the live event and post event. Provide status updates regarding live stream monitoring, troubleshooting processes and written post-mortem for the event
Willingness to conduct Research and Development on new technologies.
Ability to manage resources
75% of time will be dedicated to providing strategic direction and leadership for In-Room Technicians and venue leads — remaining 25% will be communication with partners, vendors, and project management
Strong attention to detail, organization and communication skills
Ability to drive decision making
Ability to work under tight and competing deadlines.
Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors. Influence them to take positive action and accountability for achieving results
Attend onsite visits for each event as needed; manage travel arrangements for yourself and team members, maintain budget-conscious plans
Create and define contractor requirements and contracts per event.
Maintain contractor pool and skillset, informing them on technical changes as needed
Ability to adapt to an always evolving technical Industry
Ability to learn cloud encoding, transcoding, media delivery and storage
Ability to lift and/or carry 50 lbs.
30% travel required – averaging about 1 week per month
Passion for technology, both hardware and software
When not travelling to events, this position is stationed in our Ballard office
Must have own transportation and be willing to drive to our Redmond office as needed
Knowledge base of all video and audio playback formats
Knowledge base of all video and audio codecs
Experience with onsite encoding
Advanced level of trained technical expertise in the live audio visual industry
Experience with video editing (minimum of 1 year) and video editing software
Experience with RTMP and HTTP protocol streaming
Knowledge of Adaptive Bitrate live stream delivery (i.e., HLS, HDS, and Smooth Streaming)
Knowledge of all live broadcast standards
Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Silverlight, Expression Studio
Salaried, exempt position
Benefits first of the month following 60 days of employment