We’re a creative and energetic team looking for an Executive Coordinator. Reporting to the Director of Business Administration, Evia’s Executive Coordinator will work with and through others, building and maintaining relationships, and working closely and accurately within established guidelines. There is a need for an effective communicator, someone who can stimulate and motivate others while being aware of and responsive to their needs and concerns. There will be many different people to meet and work with.
We’re looking for someone who is friendly and genuinely interested in the business, agenda, and needs of others; including the company, its management, the team, and the our customers. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate the company's policies, programs, and systems. A faster-than-average pace will be the norm for this position. Detail work is a major focus of the job, and those details need to be handled quickly, correctly, and efficiently. This portion of the work will often focus on relationships with others; correct handling of details dealing with others is necessary to maintain and grow relationships.
As time is usually a factor, the work must be done on time, as well as correctly. In general, this is a position where guidelines, structure, and established policies must be followed closely, while working with and for others. This role requires someone who can work well in a team setting as well as on their own with minimal supervision. If this describes you and if you're someone who loves to support a team in ways they might not have known they needed, then Evia’s the place for you.
- Ownership of the Executive Team calendars and assisting with day-to-day tasks when applicable
- Managing small projects and conducting research for executive team upon request
- Managing schedules and meetings
- Providing logistics support related to executive schedules and accounts – coordinating travel
- Phone, calendar, and communication support - including scheduling meetings and sending out updates
- Facilitate, attend, take notes and follow-up on action items from our weekly administrative department meetings
- Responsible for receptionist duties including: greeting and welcoming all guests and team members when they enter and leave our office, answering the phones, and transferring calls accordingly
- Ensure the main front area, kitchen, and office supply closets and areas are organized and presentable always
- Oversee/manage conference room bookings to ensure there are no conflicts and the rooms are ready for meetings. This includes cleanliness, functioning equipment/technology, supplies are well stocked, and décor is presentable
- Research, order, and setup office décor/furniture, as needed
- Ownership of office supply pars, inventory, and ordering items when they need to be restocked
- Manage miscellaneous office duties which include: mailing, shipping, cleanliness, supply organization, etc.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with other staff members
- Coordinate with marketing internal initiatives and communication with the team
- Internal event planning: company meeting, quarterly meeting, team building, team celebratory events, etc.
- Employee recognition planning: birthdays, anniversaries, milestones
- Compile information, assist in reporting, identify gaps and emergent problems
- Track metrics and communication history to provide status on projects
- Identifying and prioritizing items for attention
- Perform other duties as assigned
essential knowledge, skills & abilities
Pace and Variety of Activities: Each day different from the next; especially in personal interactions; Fast-paced environment; Multiple projects going simultaneously.
Focus: Very socially-focused; requires "how can I help you?" attitude; Lots of attention spent on building and maintaining relationships, especially where helping, not pressuring, others fosters the relationship.
Decision-Making: Adherence to established guidelines and procedures is important; Important to involve others in the decision-making; there is a need to build consensus rather than make decisions alone.
Communication and Collaboration: Open, flowing communication is important; Position requires working with and through others, especially in a helping role; There is a need for a persuasive, "selling" (rather than "telling") communication style.
Delegation and Leadership Style: Team environment: leader must be willing to jump in and roll up his/her sleeves to help out when necessary; Need someone who leads by example, with first-hand knowledge of area of expertise; Strong, friendly follow-up necessary on tasks delegated to ensure proper results.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant experience working directly under senior management
- Excellent communication skills, including written and verbal
- Friendly and outgoing personality, ability to provide above average customer service to all
- Proficient with basic computer programs such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent typing skills (50 wpm minimum)
- Must have a personal vehicle to attend off site meetings and complete tasks as needed
- Full-time hourly position
- Benefits after 60 days
- Paid Time Off after 6 months
- Hours: Primarily 8:00am – 5:00pm – some evenings/weekends as needed
- This position will start off in our Redmond location and then after a few months move to our Seattle office