EVENT PROJECT MANAGER
We’re a creative and energetic team looking for an experienced Event Project Manager wanting a fun, fast-paced work. Reporting to the Operations Manager, Evia’s Event Project Managers lead cross-functional teams who deliver cutting edge content and event solutions to our clients. Spending up to 30% of their time traveling and working remotely, capturing digital content and webcasting to a global audience, the Evia’s Event Project Managers manage projects from beginning to end.
The job environment is structured and job expectations are well defined, supported by job training and on the job experience. While the pace of the work is faster than average, the timeliness and quality of results is never compromised. An active, positive response to a variety of challenges and time pressures is also required. The nature of the work requires quick decision-making, based on knowledge of pertinent information and an intention to reduce risk factors as much as possible. Careful, critical analysis of new ideas or innovations is important to assure any changes align with and support established practices. Firm decisions that support established policies and procedures need to be implemented in successful collaborative manner. It is expected that communication will be factual and focused on problem solving to overcome obstacles in achieving high quality, timely results.
- Lead multiple live in-person and virtual event based projects from beginning to end; define project scope, user scenarios, goals, milestones, resources and deliverables; manage project dependencies and the critical path; proactively manage any changes in project scope and troubleshoot problem areas and define escalation path
- Work closely with software development team to set achievable goals within an event timeline.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary; manage budget effectively and deliver projects at, or under, budget
- Develop project communications documents, updating as appropriate; develop and deliver progress reports, proposals and other required documentation; effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; liaise with project stakeholders throughout the project
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders; delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive action and accountability for achieving results
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project; identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team in a timely and constructive manner
- Attend onsite visits for each event as needed; manage travel arrangements for team, ensuring efficient and budget-wise plans are made; lead and manage the onsite team and a Tri-Digital team of peers
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Project Management: Skilled in project management tools and methodologies; breakdown goals into clear measures, objectives and tasks; communicates openly with all stakeholders in a timely manner; gives clear direction and brings out the best performance in others.
Building Teams: Defines success in whole team terms, encourages problem solving and welcomes input from all team members; creates a strong sense of morale and teamwork regardless of reporting relationship.
Customer Relationships: Determined to meet customer expectations by delivering results on-time and on-budget; establishes and maintains trust with clients through honest communication, a willingness to take responsibility for one’s actions and an ability to find common ground; uses humor to ease tension and find solutions to customer issues.
Process Management: Determines the best processes to deliver results; understands how to simplify complex issues or systems; can see opportunities for synergy, integration and collaboration and surfaces as appropriate.
Drive For Results: Strives for individual and team success; both bottom line and timeline focused; unwilling to give up before project or task is complete; will not compromise ethics or values to achieve end result.
• 2-3 years of Project Management experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Products: Microsoft Office Suite, Skype for Business, SharePoint, MS Project
• College degree or equivalent work experience
• Ability to travel, work long hours/weekends as necessary
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite and an understanding of QuickBase
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
• Full-time salary position
• Benefits after 60 days
• Unlimited Paid Time Off after 6 months